NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
PARTICIPATION IN THE TECHNOLOGUIDE NEWSLETTER GIVEAWAY SWEESPTAKES (“SWEEPSTAKES”) CONSTITUTES ENTRANT’S FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT TO AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED WITHIN THE 50 UNITED STATES.
1. TIMING: June 9, 2014 – July 9, 2014
2. SPONSOR: TechnologyGuide Media Group,
TECHTARGET, 275 Grove Street
Newton, MA 02466
3. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia), who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and have attained the age of majority in the state of residence at the time of entry. Employees of TechTarget and its subsidiaries, vendors, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotions, Administrator, or public relations agencies doing business with any of the above, or any of its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, vendors, and affiliated companies, or a family member of any such employee (spouse, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they reside) or individuals living in the same household of such employees (whether or not related) (collectively, “Sweepstakes Parties”) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. Decisions of Sponsor and Administrator (as defined below) are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to select the winner and make all determinations necessary to the operation of the Sweepstakes in their sole and absolute discretion.
5. PRIZE MANUFACTURER SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE (“MSRP”):
HP Omni 10 tablet ($375)
Asus Vivotab Note 8 tablet ($340)
All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize is not redeemable for cash. Prize is non-assignable or transferable. Any other incidental expenses on prize not specified herein are the winner’s sole responsibility. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize offered with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes, including but not limited to sales and income tax associated with winning prize. A winner is not a recipient of a prize until s/he has been verified or notified as a winner by the Sponsor/Administrator. Upon fulfilling prize, Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the prize to the winner and winner assumes full responsibility for his or her prize. Winner acknowledges that the Sponsor and all other businesses concerned with this Sweepstakes and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for, any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of prize except that prize shall be subject to any applicable manufacturer’s standard warranty.
6. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
7. SELECTION & NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: Potential winner will be selected via a random drawing on or about July 9, 2014 from all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Random drawing will be conducted by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding. Potential winner will be notified by email using the email address associated with winning Entry. Three (3) attempts will be made to contact potential winner within a five (5) day period. If potential winner fails to respond within the five (5) day period or if the email is consistently returned as undeliverable or fails to reach potential winner for any reason, including a potential winner’s use of a spam filter, or if potential winner fails to respond for any reason to the notification as directed, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected and notified using the same aforementioned notification method. After the potential winner is contacted and s/he responds to our email notification, the potential winner will be required to execute, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity (“Affidavit/Release”), except where prohibited by law, within five (5) days of the date specified on Affidavit/Release notification. If potential winner is deemed a minor in his or her state of residence, a parent or legal guardian must execute the above mentioned documents on minor’s behalf. Winner will be required to furnish his/her social security number for the sole purpose of preparation of any tax forms as required by law. Failure to comply within aforementioned time period may result in forfeiture of the prize and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. If a prize notification letter or any required document(s) are returned as undeliverable or if prize is forfeited, or if winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, it will result in disqualification, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner in a separate random drawing.
8. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of his/her name, likeness, photograph, Entry, prize won, opinions and/or hometown, state, for promotional purposes in any media now known or hereinafter known, worldwide, in perpetuity without further notice, payment or consideration.
9. RELEASE: Entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Judges, and on their behalf, and on behalf of their respective heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors and assigns (“Releasing Parties”), release, defend and hold harmless Sponsor, any entity involved in the fulfillment of the prize(s) or the administration of the Sweepstakes, and their respective employees, officers, directors and agents of each (“Released Parties”), from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, debts, dues, sums of money, accounts, reckonings, bonds, bills, specialties, covenants, contracts, controversies, agreements, promises, variances, trespasses, lost profits, indirect or direct damages, consequential damages, incidental damages, punitive or exemplary damages, judgments, extent, executions, claims and demands whatsoever, in law, admiralty or equity, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, against Released Parties which any one or more of the Releasing Parties ever had, now have or hereafter can, shall or may have which in any way arise out of or result from entrant’s participation, acceptance and use or misuse of any prize, including property damage, personal injury or death. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of any prize or for any suspension of the Sweepstakes or inability to implement the Sweepstakes or award the prize as contemplated herein due to any event beyond its control, including delays or interruptions caused by acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, utility outages, acts of terrorism or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or regulator. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, U.S.A. without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
10. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its absolute and sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible Entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. WINNER LIST: To request the winner’s name, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by July 31, 2014 to: TechnologyGuide Media Group c/o Jamison Cush, TechTarget, 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA 02466.
13. ADMINISTRATOR: TechnologyGuide Media Group, TechTarget,
275 Grove Street, Newton, MA 02466.